Welcome back to an all new fresh start Friday! If you’re an almond lover, you’ll love substituting out the traditional pancake batter with this almond batter recipe!
The benefits of almonds are pretty well known; lowers blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels making this a healthy fun remix on a traditional pancake recipe.
Makes: Approx. 8 pancakes
Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5awXNK7j6ZQ&feature=youtu.be
- 1 cup Blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp swerve sweetener
- 1 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp Kerigold butter
- Drizzle of Vermont Maple Syrup
- ½ a banana, sliced for garnish
- Whisk all ingredients (except bananas and maple syrup) together in a bowl until smooth.
- Preheat an oiled pan on the stove at medium-low heat. Pour circles of batter onto the pan pancakes. Cook about 1 to 2 minutes per side, until bubbles start to form on the edges and browned.
- Repeat with the remaining batter. Top with fruit garnishes
- Drizzle with syrup.
I hope you enjoyed my almond flour pancakes! This is a great dish that can be made easily in replacement of your normal weekend pancake breakfast!
Tune in to Doctor & The Diva weekdays to see more What’s Cooking With Kimberley and check our blog every Friday after the episode to see the full recipe!
Follow What’s Cooking With Kimberley
YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU27DafPYmI&list=PLlWb6X6p_6ogHQSXMuavXqXD60JV-IwgN
Instagram Hashtag: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/whatscookingwithkimberley/