This creamy vegan lentil curry is super easy to make, hearty, filling and high in protein and fiber. It’s also naturally gluten-free.
This hearty vegan lentil curry is the perfect weeknight meal.
It’s wholesome, super delicious and high in protein and fiber. All that good stuff.
It’s super easy and pretty quick too, and you can have dinner on the table in less than an hour with this meal.
If you have leftovers, you’ll be happy too because leftovers are divine for lunch the next day.
And making this is a walk in the park.
Even if you find cooking a bit of a challenge this recipe will be easy for you. It’s super forgiving and even if you make a few mistakes, it’ll be okay!
How to make vegan lentil curry
Fry up some onions and garlic with some olive oil and spices, then add dried lentils and toss them up with the onions and spices.
Then you add a couple of cans of chopped tomatoes and some vegetable stock along with a can of coconut cream and let it simmer until the lentils are soft and cooked.
Then you add in some fresh basil until just wilted, some coconut sugar for flavor balance and salt and pepper as needed and you’re ready to go.
How to serve your lentil curry
Serve with or without basmati rice, as you like it! I’m a fan of the rice, so rice it is for me. Cauliflower rice would be great with this too.
Some fresh basil leaves and slices of fresh lime are also great to serve with this.
This recipe easily serves 6 for a filling and delicious meal.
It keeps extremely well so you can have leftovers in the fridge for a few days and reheat them as you like.
I really think you are going to love this vegan lentil curry and it will likely be on regular rotation in your kitchen soon! It’s:
- Filling and Satisfying
- High in protein and fiber
- Naturally gluten-free
Keep leftovers in the fridge and reheat as needed. Leftovers keep very well for 4-5 days in the fridge.
More vegan lentil recipes
- Our vegan lentil soup is an ultra simple 6-ingredient recipe that is so creamy you will wonder if there is actually cream in it, but there isn’t!
- Our creamy coconut red lentil dal is ready in around 35 minutes and super delicious and satisfying.
- Our vegan bolognese sauce is made with lentils, walnuts, tofu and mushrooms and makes the most divine bolognese!
- When you want to feed a crowd, then you need our vegan pasta bake, with lentils in the sauce, and our vegan sweet potato curry uses lentils along with sweet potatoes to create a super delicious curry.
Let us know in the comments what you think of this vegan lentil curry and please rate the recipe too. Thanks.
For more delicious vegan recipes straight to your inbox sign up to our email list. We’ll also send you an awesome free recipe ebook containing 10 delicious vegan dinner recipes.