Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo – this cajun alfredo is absolutely loaded with flavor! Seasoned chicken and smoked sausage in a homemade cajun alfredo sauce.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
This recipe is a combination of two of my most popular recipes, One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo and CrockPot Chicken Alfredo. This slow cooker version is so delicious and sure to be a hit with your family. The smoked sausage and cajun seasoning flavor the chicken and alfredo sauce as it is cooking and gives the dish so many layers of flavor!
The best part is that even the pasta cooks right in the slow cooker.
How to Make Cajun Chicken Alfredo in the Slow Cooker
- Start by giving the chicken breasts a quick sear in a pan. Then transfer the juices and chicken breasts to the slow cooker. This step adds just a few minutes, but really helps add more flavor to the pasta.
- Next, add sausage, heavy cream, chicken broth and seasonings to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2-3 hours depending on your slow cooker. Cooking time in the slow cooker varies so much, it’s best to check the temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer to ensure it has reached 165 degrees. Once the chicken is cooked through, set aside to cool and then slice.
- Stir in uncooked pasta. You can use any bite sized shaped pasta.
- Finally, stir in freshly grated parmesan cheese and return chicken to slow cooker. Sprinkle with fresh parley and additional seasoning.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
CrockPot Stuffed Peppers
CrockPot Whole Chicken
Mississippi Pot Roast Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef