Nutella STUFFED Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These are wildly yummy. They take the basic, but delicious, chocolate chip cookie to a whole new level of amazing.
Don’t make them very often, because you will eat them. Eat. Them. All. In one sitting. They’re that good!
Here are a few tips to help you make a GREAT chocolate chip cookie:
- DO measure the flour, sugar, and butter by WEIGHT, if you have a kitchen scale. Let’s use flour as an example; 1 cup of flour is considered to be 5oz, but it’s quite easy to get as much as 5.6oz in a leveled off cup of flour depending on how you scoop.
- DO use a mix of brown and white sugar. Using a combination of the 2 sugars results in a softer, chewier cookie, that tastes slightly of butterscotch, with just the right amount of spread. If you use only white sugar, you will have thinner, crispier cookies without the toffee flavour.
- DO beat your butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- DO add the chocolate chips BEFORE adding the dry ingredients.
- DON’T over-mix your dough when you add the flour in, this results in a tougher cookie.
- DO chill your dough in the fridge for AT LEAST 1 hour (although a full 24 hours is best), to let the flavours blend and increase… it really does make a big difference!
- DON’T over-bake them. This can be tricky because a perfectly baked chocolate chip cookie LOOKS a bit under-baked in the oven. You want to see the edges of the cookie just turning golden, and the top of the cookie should be matt, not shiny. If they look lovely and super golden in the over, you’ve probably left them in too long.
… mmm, delicious. Now, here’s the recipe. Go forth and make cookies!