This Low Carb Spicy Chicken Soup mixes together pantry ingredients for a last-minute, homemade creamy chicken soup that’s simply bursting with flavor and yet manages to be dairy-free and keto.
What Makes This Low Carb Spicy Chicken Soup So Good
Let me tell you, this soup is a classic demonstration of why I will never be a famous blogger. Who in their right mind makes a soup from Rotel and Coconut milk? Or a chicken and kale soup with cinnamon and cloves?
Me. That’s who. In my defense, they are very tasty soups.
But absolutely NO ONE in the world is out on the internet searching for Rotel Coconut milk soup. Which is why I will never be a famous blogger.
Guess what? That’s okay with me. I like cooking and I like sharing recipes so I’m sharing this one.
I think you will really like this. It’s spiced, but not spicy. It’s creamy, but it’s dairy-free. It’s easy, but it tastes complex. It’s such a sweet contradiction.
Kinda like me! Well, the contradiction part anyway.
Watch A Video On How To Make A Delicious Low Carb Spicy Chicken Soup
How Do You Make A Creamy Chicken Soup Without Dairy?
If you’re wondering how to make a creamy soup without dairy?
Coconut Milk. That’s how. But you need full-fat coconut milk from a can. Please do not use the coconut milk from a cardboard carton. It just doesn’t have the fat and creaminess that you will need.
That also makes it a great Ketogenic soup recipe because the coconut milk adds a lot of good fat to this low carb chicken soup.
How To Make Low Carb Spicy Chicken Soup
- Place onion, garlic, ginger, tomatoes and chilis, turmeric, broth base, and coconut milk in a blender, and mix until roughly puré the sauce.
- Pour the sauce into the inner liner of your instant pot. Add in the chopped chicken, chopped Swiss chard, and chopped celery
- Cook the soup on high pressure for 5 minutes, and allow it to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. Release all remaining pressure.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of coconut milk, stir through and serve.
By the way, I have tons of keto low carb pressure cooker soups recipes if you’re interested.
What Makes This Chicken Soup Low Carb?
When it comes to making something low carb, it really just comes down to substituting or omitting the carb-rich ingredients all together. For this particular recipe, I omitted noodles and any high carb vegetables such as carrots. You could use a low carb noodle if you are really missing the noodles in the recipe, but I felt that it was still fantastic without them.
Looking For More Great Low Carb Instant Pot Soup Recipes? Check These Out!
- Looking for a delicious and warming soup but trying to cut back on carbs? My Instant Pot Low Carb Cream of Mushroom Soup is just the soup for you!
- This low carb Poblano Chicken Soup makes a creamy, hearty meal that cooks in under 30 minutes in your pressure cooker or Instant Pot!
- Make this Cioppino Seafood Stew in your Instant Pot! This Cioppino Recipe is low carb, full of flavor, and loaded with seafood and veggies.
So let’s make this Spicy Creamy Chicken Soup in your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. This pressure cooker chicken soup recipe will help you get a flavorful dinner on the table fast, and save you from having to make an elaborate meal after along day. Make sure to share this recipe with your friends and family and Facebook and Pinterest!
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER LOW CARB SPICY CREAMY CHICKEN SOUP:
- Instant Pot Mini Duo, or Instant pot 6 quarts, or Instant Pot 8 Quarts
- Measuring Cups
- My favorite Cutting Board
- Good set of Kitchen Knives
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!