This easy Keto Instant Pot Roast recipe takes an inexpensive cut of chuck roast and turns it into a low carb, fall-apart-tender beef dinner made in less than an hour.
Keto Instant Pot Roast
If you’re like me and you’re eating keto but you’re feeding other family members who still love carbs this easy Keto Instant Pot Roast is the answer! You start with a piece of inexpensive chuck roast, add herbs and spices, a few vegetables, beef broth, and red wine and after cooking it in an Instant Pot for 30 minutes you end up with a tender, juicy, chuck roast cooked to perfection.
It’s a classic comfort food recipe and by reducing the amount of carrots and onion, and eliminating the potatoes completely, it becomes a delicious keto dinner recipe that everyone in the family can enjoy.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
What is the Best Cut of Meat to Use for a Pot Roast?
The best cuts of beef for a pot roast are the tough ones. These tough cuts of meat are more muscular with connective tissue in them that breaks down as you cook it low and slow (well not so slow in a pressure cooker!) until the meat is perfectly tender and falling apart.
These cuts include:
- Chuck roast, cut from the shoulder and neck region. Also called the chuck shoulder or shoulder steak.
- Brisket from the lower chest area.
- Round roast cut from the rear leg area. This is sometimes called rump roast or bottom round roast.
The Key to a Flavorful Roast is…
A dry rub! That’s right, a simple mixture of salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning mixed together and rubbed over the chuck roast before browning it adds lots of extra flavor to the beef.
How to Make Pot Roast in the Instant Pot:
- Set your Instant Pot to SAUTE and add olive oil. Place your seasoned chuck roast pieces in the pot and brown on each side for 2 minutes. Remove the browned meat and set aside.
- Leave the Instant Pot on saute. Add the red wine and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef broth, tomato paste, and Worcestershire to the pot and whisk together with the red wine. Place the browned beef in the liquid in the pot.
- Lock the lid into place and set the valve to SEALING. Set to HIGH PRESSURE for 40 minutes.
- When the timer goes off press CANCEL and let it do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes move the valve to VENTING to release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the cooked beef from the liquid and set aside. Strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer to remove the vegetables.
Do I have to Use Wine?
If you don’t want to use wine in this recipe you can substitute with 2 additional tablespoons of tomato paste and 1 additional cup of beef broth. Add them to the other tomato paste and beef broth in the recipe and skip the instructions for the wine.
I do highly recommend you give the wine a chance though. It adds a different level of flavor to the roast.
What to Serve with Keto Pot Roast?
- Cauliflower Mash
- Steamed broccoli
- Green beans
- Instant Pot Collard Greens
- Brussels Sprouts
Looking for More Keto Instant Pot Recipes?
- Keto Instant Pot Cabbage Rolls
- Chicken Bone Broth in and Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Instant Pot Loaded Cauliflower Soup
- Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup
- Instant Pot Big Mac Soup
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- More Keto Recipes…
Like this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for more
Easy Recipes and Simple Entertaining Ideas!