Cheesy, warm, delicious and COMFORTING! This EASY hashbrown casserole recipe is perfect for the beginner, the busy and ANYONE who wants good ol Southern hashbrown casserole on their next dinner table!
Why This Recipe Works
- Fast to mix together
- Make Ahead EASE
- Bacon and Green Onions set this dish OFF!
- Everyone Loves IT!
Here’s How It’s Done
STEP 1. Put the bag of frozen hashbrowns in the fridge the night before, this pour everything in a large bowl together.
STEP 2. Mix it all up and pour it into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Should I Thaw The Hashbrowns Before Cooking?
Yes! For this recipe, it works best if you thaw the hashbrowns by placing them in the refrigerator the night before you plan to make this dish!
But What If I Forgot?
NO PROBLEM! Put the whole bag in the microwave for 1 minute. Turn the bag over and microwave for another minute. Repeat for 5 minutes.
Pour the hashbrowns into a gallon size Ziploc bag. Seal the bag well and let it float in a large bowl of tepid water for an hour.
How Long Can You Keep Thawed Hashbrowns in the Fridge?
These hashbrowns will keep in the fridge for several days so no worries if you didn’t get to make it on the day you planned!
Can I Freeze Hashbrown Casserole?
Yes! You absolutely can!
Do one of the following…
- Put the whole thing in the freezer once it is baked.
- Have leftovers? Just put them in a freezer safe package and put in the freezer, use within 3 months.
- Put the unbaked dish in the freezer (cover and wrap well).
How To Cook the Frozen Hashbrown Casserole.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the casserole into the oven
- Bake for an hour to 1.5 hours until hot and bubbling through. Remove the foil 30 minutes before done.
How to Reheat Hashbrown Casserole
- Place into a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Put your serving on a microwave safe dish and cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute.
- Repeat until heated through.
How Do I Make Breakfast Hashbrown Casserole?
EASY! Make THIS hashbrown casserole recipe and eat it at breakfast time! Nothing is better than those potatoes, cheese and bacon together! Serve with eggs, sausage and gravy! YUM!
What Do I Serve with Hashbrown Casserole?
I serve mine with…
- Green Beans
- Mexican Cornbread
- Sweet Tea!
- Or THESE Fast Easy Dinner Ideas
Tips and Tricks for Hashbrown Casserole Recipe…
- If you forgot to thaw your hashbrowns, no worries, thaw in the microwave by setting for 1 minute on high and then turning over and repeat for 1 minute until 5 minutes have passed.
- Feel free to experiment with other types of cheese! Mexican mix, gouda, smoked gouda (yes, go there!), swiss are all excellent!
- If you don’t have green onions, grate half a sweet onion (like vidalia or texas sweet) and use that.
- Don’t have paprika? No problem! It’s mostly for the smokey red look anyway, you can leave it off.
- Try a crunchy top by mixing a cup of crushed potato chips mixed with 2 tbs melted butter sprinkled over the top!
- It’s fine to substitute low fat cheese, sour cream and low salt cream of celery soup, but seriously, if you are doing hashbrown casserole, just do it all the way. It’s a special occasion food mostly.
Here Are Some Other Must Try Cheesy Recipes…
- Mac and Cheese!
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Hot Bacon Dip
- Four Cheese Pasta Bake
- Mac and Cheese Soup
- Au Gratin Potatoes
Hey, Ya’ll, Help Me Out, OK?
Leave me a 5 STAR comment in the comment section below. This helps other people to find recipes on Loaves and Dishes!