Juicy ground beef and warm noodles tossed in a creamy sauce seasoned with fresh mushrooms, onion, and garlic makes a classic easy comfort dish. Make this Ground Beef Stroganoff in just one pot!
Ground Beef Stroganoff
Ground Beef Stroganoff is such a classic comfort food dish. Some may be mostly familiar with the box version, but let me tell you this from-scratch recipe is SO much better and just as easy to make.
This Ground Beef Stroganoff is made all in one pot, using simple and fresh ingredients, for a creamy, comforting beef pasta dinner.
Fresh mushrooms, onions, and garlic cooked with savory ground beef in a creamy sauce with soft noodles. No cream soup here!
How Do You Keep Sour Cream from Curdling
Curdled sour cream in soups or stroganoff look really unappetizing. It will still taste okay, but here are some tips to keep your stroganoff sauce super smooth and creamy.
This recipe is designed to be super easy with as few steps as possible. The starch release when cooking the noodles right in the pot will help to thicken the sauce and prevent curdling.
Also, sour cream doesn’t curdle as easily as heavy cream, which is why I chose it for this recipe.
To make extra sure that it won’t curdle, measure the sour cream and let it come to room temperature before adding it to the recipe.
You can also temper it before adding, which is a method used in homemade custards and puddings to prevent eggs from cooking too quickly. Add about 1-2 tablespoons of broth mixture to the sour cream. Stir until smooth. Then add the sour cream mixture into the whole pot.
This will help it warm up gradually instead of getting a temperature shock, which is often the cause of curdling.
What Goes with Ground Beef Stroganoff
Since ground beef stroganoff already has a hearty portion of meat and noodles, I like to serve it with just a vegetable.
A fresh green salad is probably the simplest option. For a warm vegetable, try steamed broccoli, green beans and shallots, or some feta bacon peas.
More Easy Dinner Recipes You’ll Love
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff – tender cuts of beef and noodles in a creamy sauce, all in the Crock Pot.
- Unstuffed Peppers – so much easier than traditional stuffed peppers. Make it in one skillet in just 30 minutes.
- American Goulash – noodles and ground beef in a zesty sauce, made all in one pot for a quick and easy family dinner.
- Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls – all the flavors of the classic in a fraction of the time with beef and pork, cabbage, and rice in a zesty tomato sauce.
- Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole – one of our family favorites. A simple creamy ground beef casserole topped with cheesy tater tots.