Looking to make something quick, simple and healthy for your weekly meal prep? Then try this Grilled Chicken and Hummus Meal Prep option! It comes together quickly, is great for grab-n-go lifestyles, can be eaten cold or warm, and is a great post-workout snack!
Fast and easy meal options like this are key to making healthy choices throughout the week. They are vital to my work schedule, as well as give me peace of mind. Some of my favorites include this Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Meal Prep, Healthy Garden Chicken Salad, and Cajun Lime Chicken Avocado Corn Salad.
Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase via the link provided, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you whatsoever. I recommend these products because I have tested them and find that they are helpful and worth the cost; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to make a purchase.
WHERE DID THE WEEKEND GO??
Who else wonders how quickly the weekend goes by or how unprepared you feel for the week ahead come Sunday night? You’ve either been so busy with house projects, running around with your kids, or family events that you simply didn’t get to prepping any meals for this week!
Been there. We can blame the fatigue, too. Maybe a hangover even? I know a lot of us have been there. Or, maybe you’re being a good girl like me and you’ve abstained from social drinking because you’ve got health and fitness goals, but take-out and cookies you found in the freezer from Christmas are still lingering bad habits??
No matter what your life and schedule are like and no matter if it’s already Monday and you still aren’t prepared for the week – take control and meal prep when you can with easy options like this! Who says it has to be on a Sunday anyway?? Roll out of bed, have a Christmas cookie or two and take control of the day!
INGREDIENTS IN THIS MEAL PREP
- Sliced bell peppers
- Grilled chicken tenders
- Cucumber slices
- Pita bread
- Feta cheese
- Lemon slices
WHY YOU SHOULD BE MEAL PREPPING
- It helps to reduce stress or anxiety that comes with trying to eat healthier. You solve all food decisions in advance, removes temptation when you’re too tired to cook or put something together, and eases your mind.
- Once in the habit, meal prepping is a timesaver. You don’t need to meal prep on Sunday just because everyone else does. Meal prep on the days that work best for you. Pre-chop ingredients for meals coming up if you’re not into meal prepping or have the time to commit. Having good habits like this frees up time to work out, spend with family or to enjoy the comforts of a good book.
- Meal prepping also saves money. Plain and simple. Quit standing in line and buying those cute bistro boxes and make your own. Stop getting lunch or ordering dinners out and start making easy lunch options like this Grilled Chicken and Hummus Meal Prep or try this Turkey Pinwheel Meal Prep.
- They are so easy to make as well as customizable. They come together however you want them to with the ingredients and amounts you prefer.
- The beauty of meal prepping is that it helps to teach you portion control and balance. Having pre-made snacks or meals give you exactly what you need and reduce the amount of overeating that can happen when dining out. Which is essential if you’re looking to lose weight or have fitness goals. You’re giving your body exactly what it needs.
MUST HAVES FOR MEAL PREPPING
I find that meal prep containers are essential for prepping for the week. Having individual containers that are portion-controlled and ready for grabbing on-the-go are essential for success. Here are a few of my recommendations:
- Bento Box Glass Meal Prep Containers – these are great for many reasons: they are reusable, eco-friendly, and good for keeping ingredients (wet and dry) from mingling together. If you want to keep your meats separate from your vegetables, fruit, or sauces – the dividers in a bento box work splendidly.
Glass Meal Prep Containers – traditional, open compartment with no dividers that work well for a salad or single meal that needs heated up.
If you’re not a fan of handling or worrying about glass when leaving home, you could try these plastic circular meal prep bowls or these single compartment containers – both are BPA-free, as well as microwave/dishwasher/freezer-safe.
Other items to consider for packing with your prepped lunches or dinners:
- Salad Dressing Containers – work well for dressings, sauces, nuts, seeds, cheese, or herb garnishments. The options are endless and these are small enough that they work great for additional portion-controlling!
- Silicone Straws – not only are they reusable, but they are earth-friendly! They fit into a 30 oz tumbler, are dishwasher safe, and they are bendable/flexible.
- Arctic Stainless Steel Tumbler – great for travel, for work, and they keep hot beverages hot and cold beverages ice cold for a long time!
- Cutlery Set – great to pack in your lunch box or meal prep bag. They wash well and have their own case to keep them together in transport.
MORE MEAL PREP IDEAS TO TRY:
- Easy Protein Bistro Snack Box
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Meal Prep
- Turkey Pinwheel Meal Prep
- Healthy Garden Chicken Salad Meal Prep
- Skinny Taco Salad – Meal Prep