An easy and appetizing lunch you’ll look forward to during the week!
This Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowl is going to be your new fav, go-to lunch option! With a flavorful homemade tzatziki sauce, tender Greek chicken and tasty toppings, this meal will have you wanting more! Whip up these bowls in less than 30 minutes (with only 7 ingredients), and you’ll be set for the entire week!
Hi there! 👋🏼 I’m so excited to FINALLY be sharing this recipe with you all. I’ve been teasing it for a long time. And to be honest, I didn’t realize I wasn’t posting it on the blog until now 🙈. Nevertheless, it’s here and you guys are going to be as obsessed as I.
We’ve been making them on repeat these past couple of weeks and I truly look forward to eating them every day. They are just that good (and easy!) And the best part is, you can customize them however you like!
They will seriously change your life.
Greek Meal Prep Bowl Ingredients
- Cooked quinoa
- Chicken breasts
- Lemon, juiced
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mini seedless cucumbers/English cucumbers
- Light feta
- Tzatziki sauce (store bought or homemade)
Here’s the thing. You can swap out any ingredients that you don’t like, but I’ve found this to be the killer combo!
You can swap quinoa for cauliflower rice if you’re looking for a lower carb option. Or if you have brown rice on hand, that works too!
I chose quinoa because it’s a great source of fiber, in fact is has almost twice as much fiber compared to other grains, and it’s an excellent source of plant-based protein – there’s 8 grams in each cup! Plus, it’s a lower calorie “carb”! ⅓ cup is 75 calories. 😊
Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowl Assembly
These bowls make meal prep easy! Especially if you’re just making lunches for yourself and you’re cool with having the same thing every day 😏 These Greek Bowls will definitely be a lifesaver!
I start by cooking the quinoa, since this takes the most time. Remember to use double the amount of water as quinoa when cooking, so in this recipe you’ll use 3 cups of water to cook 1 ½ cups of quinoa. I also add a splash of olive oil and a dash of salt pre-boil to keep the quinoa super fluffy and prevent it from sticking the the pot.
Then I cut the chicken breast (usually two large breasts) into 1 inch pieces and put them in a pan on the stove with 1 tablespoon avocado oil. (side note – I am obsessed with avocado oil. If you haven’t tried it yet, I highly highly recommend. It gives the food such food flavorful, especially veggies.) You’ll add oregano, garlic and lemon juice when the chicken is about half way done (this is not a science, just add it before it’s fully cooked).
While the chicken and quinoa are cooking (stir the chicken occasionally), start prepping the other ingredients – halve the tomatoes, slice the mini seedless cucumbers, divide the feta and add the olives.
Note – if you don’t want the veggies to be heated up with the Greek Bowls, make sure to leave them off or pack them in a separate container and add them later. I don’t mind the tomatoes, olives and cucumbers heated up, so I pack everything together.
I use Pyrex glass containers (the 3 cup ones), which work perfect! If you want to keep everything separate, I suggest these Prep Naturals Meal Prep Glass Containers. Either one works great, and because they are glass, you can heat them up right in the containers.
Once the chicken and quinoa are cooked, it’s time to assemble the bowls. Divide the chicken into 4s and place in the containers. Then using a ⅓ measuring cup, scoop out the quinoa. All the other toppings should already be in the containers, so the only thing left to do is the tzatziki sauce.
How to Make Tzatziki Sauce
You have 2 options.
You can use store bought to make things easier. My favorite is a greek yogurt-based tzatziki sauce from Aldi. I’m in love with it!! There’s 3 different flavors and I have liked all of them 😍
If you’re going all natural, you can whip up your own, which is also super easy.
Mix together 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 mini seedless cucumber, finely diced, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill and salt and pepper, to taste. That’s it!
Divide the tzatziki sauce into 4 separate containers and then add it to your bowl once you’re ready to eat.
Who’s going to add some Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls to their line up next week?! I guarantee you’re going to love them as much as I do!
- • 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- • 2 lbs chicken, cut into 1” pieces
- • 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- • 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- • 1 tablespoon garlic
- • 1 lemon squeezed, juice
- • 16 cherry tomatoes per container (4 per container)
- • 2 mini seedless cucumbers, sliced (½ cucumber, sliced per container)
- • 4 oz light feta (1 oz per container)
- • 20 olives (5 olives in each container)
- • 2 -3 tablespoons tzatziki sauce
- Tzatziki Sauce
- • 1 cups plain Greek yogurt
- • 1 english cucumber, finely diced
- • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- • 2 garlic cloves, minced
- • 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- • Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by cooking 1½ cups quinoa in 3 cups water, a splash of olive/avocado oil and salt – follow cooking instructions on packaging.
- While quinoa cooks, cut 2 lbs. chicken breast (usually two large breasts) into 1 inch pieces and put brown in 1 tablespoon avocado oil on the stove.
- When chicken is halfway cooked, add 2 teaspoons oregano, 1 tablespoon garlic and juice from 1 lemon.
- While the chicken and quinoa cook, start prepping the other ingredients – halve 16 tomatoes, slice 2 mini seedless cucumbers, divide 4 oz light feta and add 5 olives. Note – if you don’t want the veggies to be heated up with the Greek Bowls, make sure to pack them in a separate container
- Once the chicken and quinoa are cooked, it’s time to assemble the bowls. Divide the chicken into 4 equal parts and place in the containers. Then using a ⅓ measuring cup, scoop quinoa into bowls. (All the other toppings should already be in the containers)
- Lastly, combine 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 mini seedless cucumber, finely diced, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide into 4 containers and add to bowl when ready to eat. Enjoy!
Is meal prep your jam? Try out these other meal prep-friendly lunches!
- Meal Prep Taco Bowls
- Chicken Squash Buddha Bowls
- Classic Chicken Salad
- The Ultimate Lettuce Wrap Sandwich