The end of the school year can be almost as busy as the holiday season, so it’s a great time to pull out the slow cooker! One of our recent favorites is slow cooker pepper steak because it barely takes any time to prepare and at the end of the day the meat is melt-in-your-mouth tender and full of flavor.
You can serve the steak and peppers over cauliflower “rice” or soaked rice (if you can tolerate grains). A small side salad that takes just a few minutes to prep is a great choice.
Here are some other favorite slow cooker recipes for those busy days!
Spaghetti Squash with Meatballs
Breakfast Sausage Casserole
6-Ingredient Pot Roast
Chicken Fajita Bowl
White Beans and Sausage
10 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 pounds chuck roast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 red, orange or yellow bell peppers, cut into wedges
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or gluten-free fermented Tamari
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Place the onions in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top the onions with the meat and then add the bell peppers. Whisk together the chicken broth, aminos, tomato paste and garlic and pour over the meat mixture. Gently press the vegetables and meat so the meat is submerged in the broth mixture (this helps prevent the meat from drying out). Cook for 6 hours on low. Serve over cauliflower “rice” or soaked rice.
Click Here For Full Nutrition, Exchanges, and My Plate Info
Photo Credit: Becky Winkler