Classic Peanut Butter Cookies – Deliciously soft and chewy peanut butter cookies that are LOADED with flavour, and finished off with a crisscross pattern. The best peanut butter cookies!
Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
One of my all-time favourite cookies ever would have to be these Classic Peanut Butter Cookies.
These cookies are super soft and chewy, they’re loaded with peanut butter flavour, infused with a little vanilla, and finished off with the signature crisscross pattern.
If you’re a big fan of peanut butter cookies or know someone who is, then you need to try this recipe – you’re gonna love it!
Looking for more peanut butter goodness? Check out my Peanut Butter & Jam Muffins, Peanut Butter & Jam Thumbprint Cookies, and my Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge.
How to make Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter: You’ll want this softened to room temperature.
- Smooth peanut butter: I prefer to use smooth, but you could definitely use crunchy peanut butter.
- Light brown sugar: Using more brown sugar than granulated sugar is what keeps these cookies so soft and chewy.
- Caster/granulated sugar
- Large egg
- Vanilla extract
To make these soft peanut butter cookies, simply start by whisking together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, mix together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until combined. You can use a hand or stand mixer here, but I just used my spatula.
Add the egg and vanilla, mix until smooth and combined, then add the dry ingredients. Fold in until combined.
TIP: The dough should be smooth and not at all sticky. If the dough is too sticky to handle, simply add flour (1 tablespoon at a time) until manageable.
Too crumbly to handle? Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough starts to come together.
Roll the dough into 1-oz balls, and place them onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Press them down with the tines of a fork to make a crisscross pattern.
Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
These Classic Peanut Butter Cookies are:
- super quick and easy to make
- deliciously soft and chewy
- packed full of peanut butter flavour
- infused with vanilla
- finished off with a pretty crisscross pattern
How long will these peanut butter cookies last? These cookies will stay fresh kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Can I freeze these cookies? Yes, you can freeze these cookies for up to 3 months. BUT I do recommend you freeze the dough balls instead. Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
Freshly-baked cookies every time!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see! ♥
Try these delicious cookies next!
- Melting Moments (Butter Cookies) – melt-in-your-mouth buttery goodness.
- Coffee Thumbprint Cookies – Coffee infused cookies with a caramel centre.
- Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies – Chocolate chip cookies stuffed with whole Oreos.
- Banana Breakfast Cookies – You can’t beat cookies for breakfast!
Craving more sweet treats? Subscribe to my newsletter to receive recipe updates straight to your inbox. You can also keep up to date on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
Deliciously soft and chewy peanut butter cookies that are LOADED with flavour, and finished off with a crisscross pattern. The perfect peanut butter cookies!
- 1 and 3/4 cups (218g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (190g) smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup (150g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) caster/granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until combined. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix until smooth and combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Roll the dough into 1-oz balls, and place them onto the prepared baking tray. Press them down with the tines of a fork, making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week. Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
Yield: 28 cookies
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 114Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see! ♥