Chicken Fajita Salad is a delicious way way to enjoy Chicken Fajitas! A crisp green salad topped with grilled chicken, peppers and onions is brought together with a simple flavorful vinaigrette!
Just like a delicious taco salad or zesty chicken burrito bowl, serve this fajita salad with a side of salsa and all your favorite toppings!
What’s in a Fajita Salad?
- Lettuce: We love a nice crisp romaine for this salad but you can use any type of lettuce or a combination of kale and lettuce
- Vegetables: Traditional fajita veggies including bell peppers and onions.
- Protein: Chili Lime Chicken Breasts are the star of this meal. Swap them out for shrimp or even grilled steaks.
- Flavors: Add lots of cheese, a few spoonfuls of zesty salsa or jalapenos. Top with a scoop of guacamole or pico de gallo!
To Make Fajita Salad
This easy salad bowl comes together in three simple steps. Just cook, combine, and serve!
- Cook seasoned chicken breasts (per recipe below).
- Pan fry peppers, onion, and fajita seasoning in the same skillet until tender crisp.
- Serve by equally dividing chopped romaine between two bowls. Place one sliced chicken breast over lettuce in each bowl. Top with half the veggie mixture on each salad.
Drizzle the lime vinaigrette dressing over the top and toss to combine.
How Long Will It Last?
This salad will last, undressed about 3 days in the fridge as long as it is covered. With the dressing, it could go about 2 days, then it starts to get soggy.
Be sure not to overdress it if you think you won’t finish it in one sitting! It IS an entrée recipe! Keep salad tightly covered in the fridge to keep it crisp! If you are making it in advance to serve later, don’t add the dressing until you are ready to serve it to keep it from getting soggy!
Other Delicious Mix-Ins!
Anything that goes in a taco, burrito or regular fajitas will go great in a chicken fajita salad! Here is a list of some of my favorites.
- Fresh: diced tomatoes, shredded cabbage, sliced jalapenos
- Flavorful: crumbled cotija cheese, refried, pinto or black beans
- Crunchy: crushed tortilla chips or strips
Must-Try Salad Recipes!
- Southwest Avocado Salad – colorful, flavorful, & filling
- Frito Taco Salad – ready in 30 mins!
- Black Bean Quinoa Salad – full of fresh veggies
- Easy Taco Salad – classic weeknight meal!
- Chicken Burrito Bowl – a crowd-pleasing favorite!